In 2006, Teresa Maria Creanza received her Master’s degree in Physics from the University of Bari Aldo Moro (Bari, Italy). In 2007, she worked as research assistant at ISSIA-CNR and at the University of Milan on the development and implementation of statistical and machine learning methods for the analysis of nucleotide sequence, messenger RNA microarray expression and single-nucleotide polymorphism data. From 2008 to 2010, she continued her research work at IBM Italia S.p.a where she attended an advanced training course in Bioinformatics applied to Molecular Biodiversity studies (MBLab – initiative funded by MIUR). From 2010 to 2012, she worked as research assistant at ISSIA-CNR and at the Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, University of Bari, to address the problem of diagnosis and prognosis of complex diseases such as cancer through systems biology approaches.
In December 2012, she started the PhD programme in “Complex Systems for Life Sciences” at the Centre for Complex Systems in Molecular Biology and Medicine of the University of Turin. Her project is on the study of non-coding RNA (microRNA and long non coding) regulatory networks and their roles in pathological conditions, such as cancer.
Since December 2012, as a temporary researcher at ISSIA-CNR, she works on systems biology approaches to identify potential cancer biomarkers and to investigate their diagnostic and prognostic significance.
She is interested in the development and implementation of graph theory, statistics and machine learning methods for applications in Systems Medicine. In close collaboration with research groups from Biology and Medicine, she is currently working on the analysis of the high-dimensional data from high-throughput experiments to contribute to the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying complex diseases. Some examples are: the reverse engineering of gene networks from expression profiles and analysis of their rewiring in cancer, the identification of a signature of circulating miRNAs as a potential diagnostic biomarker.
- Creanza, T. M.; Liguori, M.; Liuni, S.; Nuzziello, N.; Ancona, N.
- O. Palmieri, T.M. Creanza, F. Bossa, O. Palumbo, R. Maglietta, N. Ancona, G. Corritore, T. Latiano. G. Martino, G. Biscaglia, D. Scimeca, M.P. De Petris, M. Carella, V. Annese, A. Andriulli, A. Latiano
- Anglani, R., Creanza, T.M., Liuzzi, V.C., Piepoli, A., Panza, A., Andriulli, A., Ancona, N.
- Stifanelli, P.F., Creanza, T.M., Anglani, R., Liuzzi, V.C., Mukherjee, S., Schena, F.P., Ancona, N.
- Valerio, F., Di Biase, M., Caputo, L., Creanza, T.M., Ancona, N., Visconti, A., Lavermicocca, P.
- Abatangelo, L., Maglietta, R., Distaso, A., D’Addabbo, A., Creanza, T.M., Mukherjee, S., Ancona, N.
- D’Addabbo, A., Latiano, A., Palmieri, O., Creanza, M.T., Maglietta, R., Annese, V., Ancona, N.
- T. M. Creanza; D. S. Corner; A. D’Addabbo; R. Maglietta; F. Mignone; N. Ancona; G. Pesole